As the business grows, you will probably find more uses of technology to improve production (and hopefully, profits). Deciding to boost your technology atmosphere to have your company objectives is really a necessary milestone, but it’s essential to recognize the scope and budget of the project before jumping into implementation.
This short article explains a phased approach that may help you increase your budget and supply the finest results when thinking about a technology enhancement.
Phase I – Business Need
This early on is made to assist you to determine for those who have clarified the “why” questions as it requires your objectives. You will be able to clearly find out the business benefit (roi) for the potential project after finishing this phase. Listed here are the steps which will show you through this phase:
1. What’s the problem/deficiency that requires neglect the in money and time to become solved?
2. Does your company challenge absolutely require new or enhanced technology?
a.Do the employees require additional training with existing systems?
b.Can the task be solved by altering the workflow or business practices?
3. Once the issue is clearly defined and also the solution suggests technology enhancements, an initial budget can be discovered.
Phase II – Budget & Scope
In Phase I we qualified our potential solution inside the arena of technology so we have to define the scope from the solution. Without defining scope, you’ll risk any project growing unmanageable both in money and time. This is actually the phase best places to take the time to obviously document the company needs or “what” is going to be implemented.
1. Bring all of the necessary players together to go over the objectives from the project.
2. Figure out how the issue which was identified in Phase I affects all key players.