Today, we know that providing online training has many advantages, not only for the instructor but for the students. It is a win-win for everyone involved. The creators of online courses (entrepreneurs, experts, etc.) are looking for a way to generate extra income as this is one of the easy money making methods, and students are looking for continuous training in their studies in the vast ocean of the Internet.
Advantages of Creating an Online Course
There are many advantages to creating online training. Here we are going to mention some:
- The costs are minimal: Forget about rental expenses, travel, etc.
- It is scalable: It allows you to have many students at the same time since it is not limited to the physical space you may have nor to the geographical location.
- It will save you time: An excellent online course works hard the first time only in the beginning, then we will have to update it.
- It opens a world of opportunities: It helps you create a brand, strengthen your profile as an expert in your area, etc.
- For students, the advantages are multiple: It allows continuous training, they can choose when and where to study, flexibility, and balance between study and their other activities.
Features Needed for An Online Course Platform
You must contemplate that before choosing a platform, you must not only look where you are going to host your content but also, the type of training you are going to give, the interaction that you will have with the students. By this, you should consider the following elements that are part of providing online training before choosing a platform:
- Video conferencing system
- Forums to keep your students up to date and you can interact with them
- Emails or messaging system integrated into the platform
- Exams, tests, evaluations
- Registration Forms
- Payment platforms
- Discount coupons
- Student progress
Once you have defined the type, of course, you are going to teach and the interaction you are going to do with your students, it is time to choose the platform.
It would help if you did not forget that some trainers provide, in addition to the course, individual or group tutorials with their students, generating more interaction. Other trainers do not perform this type of communication, so it is necessary to be clear about how you want to carry out this.